Spot PE prices move higher for June in West Europe
A West European producer announced an increase of €25/ton on their June PE prices both in the contract and spot markets after achieving hikes of €40/ton on their May deals. A producer source commented that demand is calm so far and they are yet to receive feedback from the market.
A distributor in Switzerland is giving June PE offers up €20/ton from May at €1460/ton for West European LDPE film and HDPE blow moulding FD, 60 days. “Even though we lifted our prices in line with our supplier’s guidelines, we started taking orders at an open price as we might revise our prices later in the month considering weak demand,” the distributor noted.
Another distributor in Germany raised his PE prices by €25/ton from May, bringing his new June offers to €1450-1460/ton for LDPE film, to €1470-1500/ton for HDPE film and to €1480-1495/ton for HDPE blow moulding on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. The distributor stated that he expects to see an improvement in demand later in the month, adding that his supplier is taking a firm stance as their supply isn’t ample.
A different distributor in the Netherlands also applied increases of €25/ton on their June PE prices, which are at €1430-1460/ton for LDPE film, at €1415-1425/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at €1400-1425/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film all on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness