Spot PET bottle breaches €900 threshold in Europe
Sellers have noticed an increase in buying appetite as buyers try to secure some volumes in fears of the continuity of supply disruptions due to the container shortage and long-transit times. Nevertheless, they buy on a hand to mouth basis due to the lack of availability and their lower requirements amid the low season.
Buyers also confirmed that prices reached above €900/ton FD threshold. A mineral water bottle producer secured some material at around €920-930/ton FD Italy, 60 days. The buyer added, “Import offers are absent for the moment. Buyers are securing their urgent needs as price rose swiftly.”
Spot PET bottle offers are currently reported at €840-920/ton FD Italy and at €830-900/ton FD Northwest Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?