Spot PPBC prices lose premium over PPH injection in Europe
According to the weekly average data, spot PPH inj. prices in Italy started to trade above PPBC inj. prices for the first time since ChemOrbis began compiling data in 2008. PPH inj. carries a premium of €30/ton over PPBC prices, as can be seen in the below graph. In Northwest Europe, the premium of PPBC over PPH inj. shrank to €25/ton, marking the narrowest gap since around 2013.
Overall PP supplies dried up due to a combination of unplanned outages in the US and Europe, an ongoing lack of deep-sea cargos, strong exports to the higher netback regions and upcoming maintenance shutdowns across the board.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye