Spot ethylene in Asia falls despite rising naphtha
However, spot ethylene prices in Asia seem to be unresponsive to the rising feedstock costs as they have been consistently decreasing with intervals since the beginning of May, as can be seen from the ChemOrbis Price Wizard graph below, after following a mostly steady path for two weeks. Spot ethylene prices in Asia were last reported at $1060/ton on CFR Northeast Asia basis, down $70/ton on a weekly basis and down $150/ton from early May. The fall in Asian ethylene prices was reported to be led by weaker spot ethylene demand as a result of increasing deep-sea supply as well as the upcoming end of the steam cracker turnaround season in June and July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness