Spot ethylene in Asia falls despite rising naphtha
However, spot ethylene prices in Asia seem to be unresponsive to the rising feedstock costs as they have been consistently decreasing with intervals since the beginning of May, as can be seen from the ChemOrbis Price Wizard graph below, after following a mostly steady path for two weeks. Spot ethylene prices in Asia were last reported at $1060/ton on CFR Northeast Asia basis, down $70/ton on a weekly basis and down $150/ton from early May. The fall in Asian ethylene prices was reported to be led by weaker spot ethylene demand as a result of increasing deep-sea supply as well as the upcoming end of the steam cracker turnaround season in June and July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe