Spot ethylene markets jump to 2-month high in Asia
Reduced supplies amid cracker turnarounds in China fueled the firmer trend and pushed spot ethylene prices to their highest levels seen in two months as of mid-week, revealed ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
Spot ethylene prices on CFR Northeast Asia basis jumped by $65/ton on a daily basis to be reported $570/ton, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Prices saw a cumulative increase of $115/ton or %25 in the last two days.
Spot prices on CFR Southeast Asia basis also increased by $10/ton in a day to $470/ton, data revealed. The latest figure indicated a $35/ton or %8 gain since the beginning of the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe