Spot ethylene prices jump further in Asia
Asian ethylene prices were reported to stand at $1135/ton CFR NE Asia as of Friday, with a $75/ton increase from the beginning of December.
A similar increase can be seen in ethylene on CFR SE Asia basis. Asian spot ethylene prices were reported to stand at $970/ton CFR SE Asia as of Friday, with a $60/ton increase from the beginning of December.
The increases both on CFR NE Asia and CFR SE Asia basis were recorded in the last two days.
This jump in spot ethylene prices was attributed to the continuing demand from Chinese styrene producers due to the ongoing tightness for this product since mid November, which took CFR China styrene prices up around $70 on a weekly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs