Spot ethylene prices jump further in Asia
Asian ethylene prices were reported to stand at $1135/ton CFR NE Asia as of Friday, with a $75/ton increase from the beginning of December.
A similar increase can be seen in ethylene on CFR SE Asia basis. Asian spot ethylene prices were reported to stand at $970/ton CFR SE Asia as of Friday, with a $60/ton increase from the beginning of December.
The increases both on CFR NE Asia and CFR SE Asia basis were recorded in the last two days.
This jump in spot ethylene prices was attributed to the continuing demand from Chinese styrene producers due to the ongoing tightness for this product since mid November, which took CFR China styrene prices up around $70 on a weekly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand