Spot ethylene prices jump further in Asia
Asian ethylene prices were reported to stand at $1135/ton CFR NE Asia as of Friday, with a $75/ton increase from the beginning of December.
A similar increase can be seen in ethylene on CFR SE Asia basis. Asian spot ethylene prices were reported to stand at $970/ton CFR SE Asia as of Friday, with a $60/ton increase from the beginning of December.
The increases both on CFR NE Asia and CFR SE Asia basis were recorded in the last two days.
This jump in spot ethylene prices was attributed to the continuing demand from Chinese styrene producers due to the ongoing tightness for this product since mid November, which took CFR China styrene prices up around $70 on a weekly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds