Spot ethylene prices jump further in Asia
Asian ethylene prices were reported to stand at $1135/ton CFR NE Asia as of Friday, with a $75/ton increase from the beginning of December.
A similar increase can be seen in ethylene on CFR SE Asia basis. Asian spot ethylene prices were reported to stand at $970/ton CFR SE Asia as of Friday, with a $60/ton increase from the beginning of December.
The increases both on CFR NE Asia and CFR SE Asia basis were recorded in the last two days.
This jump in spot ethylene prices was attributed to the continuing demand from Chinese styrene producers due to the ongoing tightness for this product since mid November, which took CFR China styrene prices up around $70 on a weekly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles