Spot ethylene prices jump further in Asia
Asian ethylene prices were reported to stand at $1135/ton CFR NE Asia as of Friday, with a $75/ton increase from the beginning of December.
A similar increase can be seen in ethylene on CFR SE Asia basis. Asian spot ethylene prices were reported to stand at $970/ton CFR SE Asia as of Friday, with a $60/ton increase from the beginning of December.
The increases both on CFR NE Asia and CFR SE Asia basis were recorded in the last two days.
This jump in spot ethylene prices was attributed to the continuing demand from Chinese styrene producers due to the ongoing tightness for this product since mid November, which took CFR China styrene prices up around $70 on a weekly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS