Spot ethylene, propylene prices jump in Europe after Shell outage
Spot ethylene prices surged around €165/ton ($177/ton) on the week to be currently reported at around €905/ton ($972/ton) FD NWE while spot propylene prices rose around €130/ton ($139/ton) to €635/ton ($682/ton) with the same terms.
Shell’s Moerdijk site is able to produce 900,000 tons/year of ethylene, 450,000 tons/year of propylene, 550,000 tons/year of benzene and 450,000 tons/year of styrene. The company also has downstream units at the same complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets