Spot ethylene, propylene prices jump in Europe after Shell outage
Spot ethylene prices surged around €165/ton ($177/ton) on the week to be currently reported at around €905/ton ($972/ton) FD NWE while spot propylene prices rose around €130/ton ($139/ton) to €635/ton ($682/ton) with the same terms.
Shell’s Moerdijk site is able to produce 900,000 tons/year of ethylene, 450,000 tons/year of propylene, 550,000 tons/year of benzene and 450,000 tons/year of styrene. The company also has downstream units at the same complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months