Spot propylene prices tumble in Europe on ample supply
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, the current spot prices represent the lowest levels seen since late May, 2009. Meanwhile, the current levels slumped approximately €280/ton compared with their initial September levels.
In Europe, oversupply issues remain in the spot propylene market due to the arrival of import cargoes, according to traders in the region. In addition, Naphthachemie’s full rates at its steam cracker and the arrival of imports weighed down the market, even though major producers, including Dow, Borealis, LyondellBasell and Ineos, have either started or are preparing to start planned maintenance shutdowns.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets