Spot styrene sees sharp corrections in Asia, Europe
In Asia, spot prices have started to see revisions since last week although players continued to report that supplies were still dwindling inside China while post-Harvey concerns over global availability remained in place. However, on a weekly comparison, spot styrene prices were down by more than $100/ton to be currently quoted at around $1280/ton FOB South Korea.
In Europe, spot prices posted larger decreases of around $165/ton from a week earlier to reach $1305-1310/ton FOB NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers