Stable to soft trend retained in July PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa
In Africa, Kenya-based traders reported that they received July PP and PE offers from a major Saudi producer with rollovers to $10-40/ton decreases on the month. “Demand remains limited and purchases are on hand-to-mouth basis. Trading activities have also been affected by the unfavorable weather conditions in Kenya,” a seller noted.
In Algeria, a trader received new PP offers from a Saudi major with $20-30/ton increases from June. He opined, “The producer has limited PP allocations and we were informed that they are facing a technical problem with all PPBC and PPRC products. We are waiting to receive new PE offers with mostly rollovers.”
Meanwhile, Nigeria’s ELEME rolled over its July PP and PE offers to its own market. A source from the producer pointed to poor demand amidst heavy rains in the country. “The rainy season is likely to last until September. Hence we don’t expect demand to improve soon,” a trader added.
As for the Middle East, Lebanon buyers received initial July PP and PE offers from regional producers with rollovers or $20-40/ton decreases from June. An agent of a Middle Eastern producer noted, “Demand is slower while supply levels are comfortable.”
In the United Arab Emirates, a few converters reported, “A major Saudi producer approached the market with rollovers to $10-30/ton decreases for PP and LDPE while lifting its offers by $20-40/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film when compared to June. However, other Middle Eastern producers applied rollovers or decreases on their new PP and PE offers. Demand is muted due to summer holidays and we believe that July deals will be concluded with some reductions in the days ahead.”
In Jordan, a Saudi major reduced its July offers by $20-40/ton for LLDPE film while applying increases of $10-20/ton for HDPE and LDPE film. An agent of the producer opined, “Trading activities are slightly better when compared to the Ramadan period. However, demand towards end products is still sluggish.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- A look back at Asian PVC markets in 2018: Taiwanese major continues to take the lead
- A look back at European PP, PE markets in 2018: LDPE, LLDPE near 4-year-lows; HDPE, PP stand relatively firm
- A look back at Asian PE markets in 2018: Trade wars, currency crisis push prices to near 10-year-low
- PP deals closed lower, Jan expectations surface in Europe
- Bearish trend pervades Mid-East and African PE markets in 2018
- Acetylene and ethylene-based PVC move in opposite directions in China
- Spot propylene in Asia reverses 6-week slide, US and Europe fail to follow
- SEA’s PE market indifferent to China’s recovery, PP sees hike attempts
- Saudi major applies decreases in global PE markets for December
- Europe’s PET market extends falls despite Indorama’s force majeure