Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
When compared to the same month of 2020, on the other hand, total PE imports fell by around 32%.
China’s total HDPE imports in July were up by 6.5% from last month to be reported at 528,858 tons, indicating the highest volume since May 2021, ChemOrbis data show.
The United Arab Emirates dethroned Iran and became the top HDPE supplier of China in July with 108,372 tons. This volume was up by around 34.5% from the previous month.
Recording the highest monthly increase in July, LLDPE imports gained nearly 13% to reach 371,984 tons, with Singapore being the top supplier with 78,804 tons.
As for LDPE, imports posted a monthly increase of around 7% at 226,137 tons while Iran remained the country’s main supplier with 59,021 tons.
Both LDPE and LLDPE imports in July marked the highest volume since April 2021, meanwhile, ChemOrbis data also show.
Cumulative PE imports in Jan-Jul down from last year
Looking at the country’s cumulative PE imports in the January-July period of 2021, data indicate a significant drop of 16% on a yearly basis. China imported a total of 8,746,145 tons of PE in the first seven months of the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season