Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
Similarly in October, cumulative PE imports retreated to around 1.7 million tons, down by 5% from September when the second-highest monthly volume of 2020 over 1.8 million was recorded so far.
S. Arabia reclaims the throne, becomes China’s top HDPE supplier again
Back in October, Iran had dethroned Saudi Arabia and become the top HDPE exporter of China. In November, on the other hand, the winds changed again with Saudi Arabia taking back the throne.
Saudi Arabia exported 175,088 tons of HDPE to China in November while the monthly volume was 136,529 tons for Iran.
Meanwhile, China’s total HDPE imports in November decreased nearly 11% from October to be reported at 764,158 tons. On a yearly comparison, however, they increased 8%.
Iran hangs on throne for LDPE
China’s LDPE imports from Iran in November declined 27% compared to October to 1,168 tons. But still, the country ranks first on China’s LDPE exporters list.
Iran was followed closely by Saudi Arabia with 61,094 tons.
Unlike HD and LDPE, LLDPE imports up on month
On a monthly comparison, China’s LLDPE imports were up by 2.2% in November to be reported at 543,973 tons. When compared to the same month of 2019, they also posted a larger gain of 20%.
On the country-based breakdown, Saudi Arabia was the top LLDPE supplier to China with 133,623 tons in November.
This indicates the highest ever monthly LLDPE volume imported from Saudi Arabia, data from ChemOrbis Import Statistics also show.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure