Strike at Turkey’s Petkim’s Aliağa complex ends
In line with the new agreement, the workers will acquire a 6% increase in their salaries for the first half of the year, while for the second half of the year the increase amount will be adjusted according to the inflation rate. For 2016, the rise in wages will be done according to the inflation rate for both halves of the year. Meanwhile, the workers also will be paid a gross amount of 170 liras as a social assistance allowance, up from previous amount of 135 liras, while a bonus wage amounting to a gross of 275 liras will be paid to workers on religious holidays.
During the strike, Petkim’S production lines in Aliağa continued to run at normal rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months