Strike at Turkey’s Petkim’s Aliağa complex ends
In line with the new agreement, the workers will acquire a 6% increase in their salaries for the first half of the year, while for the second half of the year the increase amount will be adjusted according to the inflation rate. For 2016, the rise in wages will be done according to the inflation rate for both halves of the year. Meanwhile, the workers also will be paid a gross amount of 170 liras as a social assistance allowance, up from previous amount of 135 liras, while a bonus wage amounting to a gross of 275 liras will be paid to workers on religious holidays.
During the strike, Petkim’S production lines in Aliağa continued to run at normal rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce