Styrene continues to pull ABS, PS prices down in Asia
A trader based in Vietnam said that he is not planning to rush to make purchases as he expects GPPS prices to move back to $1100/ton and ABS prices to around $1200/ton. A converter in Vietnam reported that he bought some ABS at around VND33-35,000,000/ton ($1336-1437/ton without VAT) last week on the recommendation of his supplier, who forecasted that prices would go up again on the back of higher crude oil. Another producer in Taiwan thinks that if styrene continues to fall, HIPS prices will still have room for additional decreases. “HIPS prices might reach at $1180/ton on the low end while ABS prices could reach $1260/ton”, said a producer source.
Styrene prices currently stand at around $950/ton, down about $370/ton from the same period of last year while ABS prices are reported $400/ton lower to be currently quoted at an average of $1282/ton according to ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect