Styrene continues to pull ABS, PS prices down in Asia
A trader based in Vietnam said that he is not planning to rush to make purchases as he expects GPPS prices to move back to $1100/ton and ABS prices to around $1200/ton. A converter in Vietnam reported that he bought some ABS at around VND33-35,000,000/ton ($1336-1437/ton without VAT) last week on the recommendation of his supplier, who forecasted that prices would go up again on the back of higher crude oil. Another producer in Taiwan thinks that if styrene continues to fall, HIPS prices will still have room for additional decreases. “HIPS prices might reach at $1180/ton on the low end while ABS prices could reach $1260/ton”, said a producer source.
Styrene prices currently stand at around $950/ton, down about $370/ton from the same period of last year while ABS prices are reported $400/ton lower to be currently quoted at an average of $1282/ton according to ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports