Styrene continues to pull ABS, PS prices down in Asia
A trader based in Vietnam said that he is not planning to rush to make purchases as he expects GPPS prices to move back to $1100/ton and ABS prices to around $1200/ton. A converter in Vietnam reported that he bought some ABS at around VND33-35,000,000/ton ($1336-1437/ton without VAT) last week on the recommendation of his supplier, who forecasted that prices would go up again on the back of higher crude oil. Another producer in Taiwan thinks that if styrene continues to fall, HIPS prices will still have room for additional decreases. “HIPS prices might reach at $1180/ton on the low end while ABS prices could reach $1260/ton”, said a producer source.
Styrene prices currently stand at around $950/ton, down about $370/ton from the same period of last year while ABS prices are reported $400/ton lower to be currently quoted at an average of $1282/ton according to ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets