Styrene prices plunge in Europe and Asia
The European styrene market has also been under downward pressure from improving supplies and plunging Asian prices. The cumulative losses in Europe were larger since early March at more than $370/ton on a weekly average based on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Spot prices were last reported at around $1155/ton FOB NWE as of the end of last week. This is expected to result in three-digit-decreases in April styrene contracts.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures