Styrene prices remain on downtrend across globe
In Europe, growing supplies in the midst of Covestro’s decision to lift force majeure on its styrene supplies from its 640,000 tons/year POSM unit in Maasvlakte, the Netherlands in late August have pushed spot styrene prices further down.
To track the most updated styrene production news, please see PS Production News
In the US, market sources reported that spot styrene prices have remained under pressure from lower spot prices in Europe, maintaining their month-long softening.
In Asia, spot styrene prices have mostly remained on the soft side since mid-August, except for a week-long break. Price reductions across global styrene markets as well as the weak sentiment in China’s domestic spot styrene market were cited as main factors that weighed on the Asian market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays
- Turkish PP, PE markets enter Eid holidays on weak note
- Asia’s September PVC outlook takes shape amid dwindling supplies
- China’s import PP market yields to mounting trade war, weak demand