Styrene prices remain on downtrend across globe
In Europe, growing supplies in the midst of Covestro’s decision to lift force majeure on its styrene supplies from its 640,000 tons/year POSM unit in Maasvlakte, the Netherlands in late August have pushed spot styrene prices further down.
To track the most updated styrene production news, please see PS Production News
In the US, market sources reported that spot styrene prices have remained under pressure from lower spot prices in Europe, maintaining their month-long softening.
In Asia, spot styrene prices have mostly remained on the soft side since mid-August, except for a week-long break. Price reductions across global styrene markets as well as the weak sentiment in China’s domestic spot styrene market were cited as main factors that weighed on the Asian market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East