Styrene prices remain on downtrend across globe
In Europe, growing supplies in the midst of Covestro’s decision to lift force majeure on its styrene supplies from its 640,000 tons/year POSM unit in Maasvlakte, the Netherlands in late August have pushed spot styrene prices further down.
To track the most updated styrene production news, please see PS Production News
In the US, market sources reported that spot styrene prices have remained under pressure from lower spot prices in Europe, maintaining their month-long softening.
In Asia, spot styrene prices have mostly remained on the soft side since mid-August, except for a week-long break. Price reductions across global styrene markets as well as the weak sentiment in China’s domestic spot styrene market were cited as main factors that weighed on the Asian market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets down after 7 weeks, Europe holds firm
- PP markets continue to outperform PE in major regions
- US PVC loses competitive edge in Asia upon Taiwanese major’s Oct decline
- Local PP prices propelled up by tight supplies in China
- Tightness drives global propylene prices up, Asia nears 4-year high
- European LDPE market retains downward trend on ongoing length
- Bullish trend loses pace in Asia’s PET markets
- PS hikes fail to spur demand in Europe
- African PP, PE markets on a weak note for 6 months
- US PVC offered competitive edge in Asia, Europe