Styrene prices remain on downtrend across globe
In Europe, growing supplies in the midst of Covestro’s decision to lift force majeure on its styrene supplies from its 640,000 tons/year POSM unit in Maasvlakte, the Netherlands in late August have pushed spot styrene prices further down.
To track the most updated styrene production news, please see PS Production News
In the US, market sources reported that spot styrene prices have remained under pressure from lower spot prices in Europe, maintaining their month-long softening.
In Asia, spot styrene prices have mostly remained on the soft side since mid-August, except for a week-long break. Price reductions across global styrene markets as well as the weak sentiment in China’s domestic spot styrene market were cited as main factors that weighed on the Asian market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment firms in spot styrene markets on heels of shutdowns
- March PVC outlook under discussion in Europe
- Asian ethylene sustains rally, moves back above LDPE, LLDPE in China, SEA
- Is uptrend delayed to March in European PET market?
- Spot propylene moves back down in Europe, US; what lies ahead for Asia?
- Sentiment fails to improve in Feb across Mid-Eastern and African PP, PE markets
- European LDPE, LLDPE hover around 4-year-lows
- Sentiment cautiously improves in Turkey’s polyolefin markets
- Global oil and petchem companies announce financial results for Q4
- Growth in Turkey’s polymer imports faltered in 2018