Surprise fall in France’s industrial production in Oct
The country’s manufacturing output was down by 0.6% in October and fell below the expectations of a 0.7% increase. This fall was mainly driven by the decline in machinery output by 4.7% and the decrease in transport equipment production by 2.2% in October month on month.
Despite the decreases in the items mentioned above, the country’s construction output recovered by 2.1% in October on the month after a fall of 1.7% in September, data showed.
On a quarterly basis, meanwhile, data also showed that industrial output was up by 0.7% while manufacturing output grew by 0.8% in Q3 in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing