Surprise fall in France’s industrial production in Oct
The country’s manufacturing output was down by 0.6% in October and fell below the expectations of a 0.7% increase. This fall was mainly driven by the decline in machinery output by 4.7% and the decrease in transport equipment production by 2.2% in October month on month.
Despite the decreases in the items mentioned above, the country’s construction output recovered by 2.1% in October on the month after a fall of 1.7% in September, data showed.
On a quarterly basis, meanwhile, data also showed that industrial output was up by 0.7% while manufacturing output grew by 0.8% in Q3 in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows