Surprise fall in France’s industrial production in Oct
The country’s manufacturing output was down by 0.6% in October and fell below the expectations of a 0.7% increase. This fall was mainly driven by the decline in machinery output by 4.7% and the decrease in transport equipment production by 2.2% in October month on month.
Despite the decreases in the items mentioned above, the country’s construction output recovered by 2.1% in October on the month after a fall of 1.7% in September, data showed.
On a quarterly basis, meanwhile, data also showed that industrial output was up by 0.7% while manufacturing output grew by 0.8% in Q3 in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets