TAPPICO: Iran’s Abadan (APC) to be renovated
The renovations will include using new technologies to increase production and raising the amount of the feedstock which is supplied by Abadan Refinery, sources say.
Abadan Petrochemical Company started its operations in 1969 after the completion of its construction in 1967. The refinery can produce 60 ,000 tons of PVC, 10,000 tons of dodecylbenzene and 24,000 tons of caustic soda annually, the reports reveal.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September