TCI Sanmar cuts PVC prices to Egypt
“In order to be able to compete with decreasing import prices, we decided to cut our local prices. However, we have recently lifted our plant’s operating rates as we see good demand from Europe, where supplies are limited. Demand is supportive in Europe and therefore, we lifted our export prices to that region.”
Prior to TCI Sanmar’s decrease, the other local producer, EPC, also decreased their June PVC prices by EGP200/ton ($26/ton). The producer also pointed to declining import market levels as well as the impending Ramadan as the reasons for their price drop.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness