TCI Sanmar reveals August PVC prices, operations resume
A source from the producer commented, “We restarted our plants as of August 2 after a planned maintenance shutdown. We are receiving a good number of inquiries from our customers nowadays as players prefer to meet their immediate needs from the local market in the face of hindered import trading amidst ongoing parity issues.”
The producer’s new PVC k67-68 prices currently stand at EGP11000/ton ($1125/ton w/o VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis.
Prior to TCI Sanmar’s announcement, the other local producer EPC had also issued EGP300/ton ($34/ton) increases on their August PVC offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand