TCI Sanmar reveals August PVC prices, operations resume
A source from the producer commented, “We restarted our plants as of August 2 after a planned maintenance shutdown. We are receiving a good number of inquiries from our customers nowadays as players prefer to meet their immediate needs from the local market in the face of hindered import trading amidst ongoing parity issues.”
The producer’s new PVC k67-68 prices currently stand at EGP11000/ton ($1125/ton w/o VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis.
Prior to TCI Sanmar’s announcement, the other local producer EPC had also issued EGP300/ton ($34/ton) increases on their August PVC offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion