TPC Group announces January butadiene contract to US
Meanwhile, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals nominated their January butadiene contracts at 30 cents/lb ($661/ton), down 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from December while ExxonMobil announced its January contract with a decrease of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from the previous month at 35 cents/lb ($771/ton).
Market expectations are calling for decreases of at least 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) for January butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
The December butadiene contracts settled in the US with a split settlement of 27-36 cents/lb ($595-793/ton), down 3-4 cents/lb ($66-88/ton) from November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak