TPC Group announces January butadiene contract to US
Meanwhile, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals nominated their January butadiene contracts at 30 cents/lb ($661/ton), down 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from December while ExxonMobil announced its January contract with a decrease of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from the previous month at 35 cents/lb ($771/ton).
Market expectations are calling for decreases of at least 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) for January butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
The December butadiene contracts settled in the US with a split settlement of 27-36 cents/lb ($595-793/ton), down 3-4 cents/lb ($66-88/ton) from November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed