TPC Group announces January butadiene contract to US
Meanwhile, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals nominated their January butadiene contracts at 30 cents/lb ($661/ton), down 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from December while ExxonMobil announced its January contract with a decrease of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from the previous month at 35 cents/lb ($771/ton).
Market expectations are calling for decreases of at least 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) for January butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
The December butadiene contracts settled in the US with a split settlement of 27-36 cents/lb ($595-793/ton), down 3-4 cents/lb ($66-88/ton) from November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa