TPC Group announces January butadiene contract to US
Meanwhile, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals nominated their January butadiene contracts at 30 cents/lb ($661/ton), down 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from December while ExxonMobil announced its January contract with a decrease of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from the previous month at 35 cents/lb ($771/ton).
Market expectations are calling for decreases of at least 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) for January butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
The December butadiene contracts settled in the US with a split settlement of 27-36 cents/lb ($595-793/ton), down 3-4 cents/lb ($66-88/ton) from November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia