TPC Group nominates US September butadiene contract
Meanwhile, Shell and LyondellBasell nominated their September butadiene contracts at 38 cents/lb ($838/ton), down 3 cents/lb ($66/ton) from August. Previously, ExxonMobil had also announced its September contract at 46 cents/lb ($1014/ton), down 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from August.
According to sources, market expectations are calling for a rollover to a 2-3 cents/lb ($44-66/ton) decrease on the September butadiene contract.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets