TPC announced second butadiene nomination in US
Sources reported they have not heard nominations yet from LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals.
The initial August butadiene contract was nominated by ExxonMobil with an increase of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from July at 41 cents/lb ($904/tons). ExxonMobil’s initial August nomination surprised market players who were expecting new contracts to be nominated with a rollover or slight decreases because of comfortable supply levels. The July butadiene nomination was settled at a rollover from June at 34-40 cents/lb ($750-882/ton) in the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month