TPC announced second butadiene nomination in US
Sources reported they have not heard nominations yet from LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals.
The initial August butadiene contract was nominated by ExxonMobil with an increase of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from July at 41 cents/lb ($904/tons). ExxonMobil’s initial August nomination surprised market players who were expecting new contracts to be nominated with a rollover or slight decreases because of comfortable supply levels. The July butadiene nomination was settled at a rollover from June at 34-40 cents/lb ($750-882/ton) in the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand