TPC announced second butadiene nomination in US
Sources reported they have not heard nominations yet from LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals.
The initial August butadiene contract was nominated by ExxonMobil with an increase of 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from July at 41 cents/lb ($904/tons). ExxonMobil’s initial August nomination surprised market players who were expecting new contracts to be nominated with a rollover or slight decreases because of comfortable supply levels. The July butadiene nomination was settled at a rollover from June at 34-40 cents/lb ($750-882/ton) in the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?