TTIP talks between EU and US de facto failed: German Minister
“In my opinion, the negotiations with the United States have de facto failed, even though nobody is really admitting it,” said the Minister.
However, Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokesman reported that although Europe and the US still disagree over certain parts of the deal, the talks are not over yet.
Meanwhile, there are some concerns among people both in the EU and the US regarding the deal. According to recent surveys, the public view from both sides point out some concerns including declines in consumer and labour protection, environment standards as well as the secrecy of the negotiations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September