TTIP talks between EU and US de facto failed: German Minister
“In my opinion, the negotiations with the United States have de facto failed, even though nobody is really admitting it,” said the Minister.
However, Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokesman reported that although Europe and the US still disagree over certain parts of the deal, the talks are not over yet.
Meanwhile, there are some concerns among people both in the EU and the US regarding the deal. According to recent surveys, the public view from both sides point out some concerns including declines in consumer and labour protection, environment standards as well as the secrecy of the negotiations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East