Taiwan’s CPC’s Talin refinery hit by propylene leak
CPC reportedly stated that they took all the necessary precautions in order to prevent a large volume of propylene leakage while the company and Kaohsiung’s Environmental Protection Bureau were said to be monitoring the flammability level of the gas.
On July 31, 2014, a gas explosion in Kaohsiung left 32 people dead and interrupted pipeline supplies in the affected area.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF