Taiwan’s CPC to close two PX plants at Linyuan
The No.1 plant is able to produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX (orthoxylene) while the No.3 plant has a production capacity of 250,000 ton/year of PX and 75,000 ton/year of OX. The small capacity of the plants was cited as one of the main reasons behind company’s decision to close the plants, as new world scale PX plants generally have production capacities of 1 million tons per year or more.
Meanwhile, the company’s No.2 plant at the same site has also been shut since April 2014 and the restart date is unknown, according to the source. The No.2 plant can produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?