Taiwan’s CPC to close two PX plants at Linyuan
The No.1 plant is able to produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX (orthoxylene) while the No.3 plant has a production capacity of 250,000 ton/year of PX and 75,000 ton/year of OX. The small capacity of the plants was cited as one of the main reasons behind company’s decision to close the plants, as new world scale PX plants generally have production capacities of 1 million tons per year or more.
Meanwhile, the company’s No.2 plant at the same site has also been shut since April 2014 and the restart date is unknown, according to the source. The No.2 plant can produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed