Taiwan’s CPC to close two PX plants at Linyuan
The No.1 plant is able to produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX (orthoxylene) while the No.3 plant has a production capacity of 250,000 ton/year of PX and 75,000 ton/year of OX. The small capacity of the plants was cited as one of the main reasons behind company’s decision to close the plants, as new world scale PX plants generally have production capacities of 1 million tons per year or more.
Meanwhile, the company’s No.2 plant at the same site has also been shut since April 2014 and the restart date is unknown, according to the source. The No.2 plant can produce 220,000 ton/year of PX and 70,000 ton/year of OX.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops