Taiwan's Formosa plans to build new PDH plant in China
The company’s $800 million investment plan includes constructing a new PDH plant to ensure steady propylene supply for production. The new plant will reportedly boost the company’s propylene production capacity to 600,000 tons/year upon its slated completion by the end of 2021.
Formosa will also increase investment in its subsidiary by $267 million, the media reported.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets