Taiwan's Formosa plans to build new PDH plant in China
The company’s $800 million investment plan includes constructing a new PDH plant to ensure steady propylene supply for production. The new plant will reportedly boost the company’s propylene production capacity to 600,000 tons/year upon its slated completion by the end of 2021.
Formosa will also increase investment in its subsidiary by $267 million, the media reported.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear