Taiwan’s Formosa to shut HDPE plant in Mailiao
Meanwhile, the company is also planning to shut its LDPE/EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) swing plant for a three week-turnaround in February. The plant has a production capacity of 235,000 tons/year and is currently reported to be producing EVA due to healthier economics for this product.
The company’s Mailiao complex also houses an LLDPE plant with a production capacity of 260,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull