Taiwan’s Formosa to shut HDPE plant in Mailiao
Meanwhile, the company is also planning to shut its LDPE/EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) swing plant for a three week-turnaround in February. The plant has a production capacity of 235,000 tons/year and is currently reported to be producing EVA due to healthier economics for this product.
The company’s Mailiao complex also houses an LLDPE plant with a production capacity of 260,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS