Taiwan’s Nan Ya Plastics to shut No 4 MEG plant in Mailiao
Nan Ya’s No 2 MEG unit, which has a production capacity of 360,000 tons/year, was recently restarted on July 18 following a maintenance shutdown.
The company is also expected to shut its No 3 MEG plant in Mailiao for maintenance in September and its No 1 MEG plant at the same site in October. Both plants have production capacities of 360,000 tons/year of MEG.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect