Taiwan’s economy contracts for first time in six years
The Taiwanese economy was dragged down weaker exports stemming from lower demand from China, which is the country’s main export destination. According to some economists, slowing global demand also started to weigh down domestic demand and this weakened consumer confidence and the employment rate. Recent data shows that Taiwan’s exports slumped 13.86% in the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount