Taiwan’s exports fall in May
Exports decreased 9.6% in May from a year ago, a steeper fall compared to the 6.5% decrease in April. However, the May decline was less than analysts’ forecasts, which called for an 11% fall in a survey by Reuters. Among nearby economies, Japan’s exports declined 8.9% while China’s exports fell 10.2% in May.
Export of information, communication and audio-video goods fell 5.5% while exports of electronics components declined 1.6% in May on the year. Meanwhile, exports of optical devices with displays dropped 23.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months