Taiwanese ABS natural breaks below $2000/ton in Turkey
“We attributed the decreases from our Taiwanese source to lower styrene and butadiene costs in Asia with respect to the beginning of March,” a trader who received fresh prices from the producer said. The producer’s most recent list prices are now at $1965/ton for ABS natural and $2115/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
In upstream costs, spot styrene prices rebounded by $25/ton over the week on FOB Korea basis whereas they still indicated a fall of $55/ton from early March. Spot butadiene costs held flat week over week with the same terms, but plunged by $900/ton throughout this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov