Taiwanese ABS natural breaks below $2000/ton in Turkey
“We attributed the decreases from our Taiwanese source to lower styrene and butadiene costs in Asia with respect to the beginning of March,” a trader who received fresh prices from the producer said. The producer’s most recent list prices are now at $1965/ton for ABS natural and $2115/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
In upstream costs, spot styrene prices rebounded by $25/ton over the week on FOB Korea basis whereas they still indicated a fall of $55/ton from early March. Spot butadiene costs held flat week over week with the same terms, but plunged by $900/ton throughout this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS