Taiwanese ABS natural breaks below $2000/ton in Turkey
“We attributed the decreases from our Taiwanese source to lower styrene and butadiene costs in Asia with respect to the beginning of March,” a trader who received fresh prices from the producer said. The producer’s most recent list prices are now at $1965/ton for ABS natural and $2115/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
In upstream costs, spot styrene prices rebounded by $25/ton over the week on FOB Korea basis whereas they still indicated a fall of $55/ton from early March. Spot butadiene costs held flat week over week with the same terms, but plunged by $900/ton throughout this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe