Taiwanese ABS prices hit new threshold in Turkey
The producer’s most recent offers hit $1900/ton for ABS natural, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, while they stood at $2050/ton for ABS white grade with the same terms.
“We attributed the producer’s decision to the soaring styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. On the other hand, we hesitate to replenish any stocks at current levels as we are not confident about the demand outlook in Turkey which was depressed by the weak lira over the past week,” the trader stated.
In Asia, spot styrene prices were up by around $35/ton on FOB Korea basis on the week, while butadiene costs spiked $300/ton further with the same terms. Moreover, spot ACN prices soared by $60/ton on CFR Far East Asia basis in the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures