Taiwanese ABS producer applies increases to Turkey
“The hike decision of our supplier stemmed from the climbing butadiene costs in Asia,” a trader commented. Spot butadiene costs rose by around $65/ton over the week to be recently reported at $975/ton on a FOB Korea basis.
According to Chinese players, the producer currently has low ABS stocks given a styrene shutdown at another Taiwanese company. In China, the recent Taiwanese ABS natural range stood at $1780-1800/ton CIF China, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, which reveals that prices in Turkey remain under upward pressure.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic