Taiwanese ABS supplier steps back on June prices in Turkey
A trader reported seeing slower demand for his ABS materials this week. “The general elections in Turkey are approaching and this has pushed players to the sidelines. Plus, it seems supply is not as limited as the previous weeks,” he said.
Another source of downward pressure comes from falling spot styrene prices in Asia. Styrene costs decreased by around $55/ton week over week to be reported at around $1255/ton FOB South Korea.
In addition, sentiment remains weak in China’s import ABS market with import Taiwanese ABS cargoes being priced lower at $1635-1700/ton CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia