Taiwanese PET producer concludes higher deals in SE Asia
The source attributed their higher done deal level to firming upstream costs. According to him, the producer concluded deals at $1035-1045/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis. “Demand from Malaysia and Vietnam is not bad as it is the high season now in the two countries,” he said.
In the upstream markets, both PTA and MEG prices were $10/ton higher on a weekly basis to be respectively quoted at $675/ton CFR China and at $960/ton at the end of last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September