Taiwanese PS producer concludes lower deals in SEA
A source from the producer stated that the current done deal levels only bear their cost and demand is still weak as buyers prefer to make purchases on their needs. He opined, “Despite the fact that demand towards GPPS was better than HIPS, it is still frail. Meanwhile, supply won’t be influenced from Hanwha’s 20-day shutdown at their 650,000 tons/year styrene plant given the current state of demand.” The source also stated that he is not optimistic about the market outlook, especially for the fourth quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers