Taiwanese PS producer raises export prices to SEA, China
The source reported that demand towards GPPS is better than for HIPS while the overall demand is said to be stable. “Orders are reportedly good due to players’ low inventory levels, rising crude oil and styrene prices. This led buyers to start replenishing material, but mostly based on their needs. No supply problem was reported. We believe that styrene prices will hover around their current levels while PS prices will be determined by the styrene trend and demand. Our current production rate for GPPS is 100% while it is 70% for HIPS,” he commented.
Meanwhile, the producer’s latest done deal levels for GPPS and HIPS in Southeast Asia and China remained mostly stable from last week. The producer concluded GPPS deals at $1130-1150/ton and HIPS deals at $1190-1200/ton, all on a CIF SEA/China basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike