Taiwanese PVC major offers its unsold Sept quota to India with hikes
The producer initially announced its September PVC offers to India with a $60/ton increase from August at $1010/ton CIF, cash. The producer’s k67 offers for September shipment currently stand at $1050/ton CIF India, cash.
“We have around 10,000 tons of PVC left for September and we started to give higher offers for this allocation as of today. Our current price is not subject to any discounts even if the purchasing volume is high,” the source noted.
A trader commented, “The Taiwanese major is giving higher offers for its unsold September allocation nowadays. They were unable to sell it earlier as Indian buyers’ resisted their hike request in the first place. However, buyers are likely to accept that the sentiment will remain bullish in October amidst firm ethylene and growing supply concerns across the global markets.”
A second trader affirmed, “Demand remains weak in India, yet PVC prices receive support from upstream costs, the bullish run in China as well as a series of shutdowns in the US after Hurricane Harvey.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out