Taiwanese PVC major offers its unsold Sept quota to India with hikes
The producer initially announced its September PVC offers to India with a $60/ton increase from August at $1010/ton CIF, cash. The producer’s k67 offers for September shipment currently stand at $1050/ton CIF India, cash.
“We have around 10,000 tons of PVC left for September and we started to give higher offers for this allocation as of today. Our current price is not subject to any discounts even if the purchasing volume is high,” the source noted.
A trader commented, “The Taiwanese major is giving higher offers for its unsold September allocation nowadays. They were unable to sell it earlier as Indian buyers’ resisted their hike request in the first place. However, buyers are likely to accept that the sentiment will remain bullish in October amidst firm ethylene and growing supply concerns across the global markets.”
A second trader affirmed, “Demand remains weak in India, yet PVC prices receive support from upstream costs, the bullish run in China as well as a series of shutdowns in the US after Hurricane Harvey.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey