Taiwanese major announces June PVC prices
The producer’s new prices represent reductions of $30/ton compared to the producer’s most recently reported offers for May, standing at $880/ton to China and at $940/ton to India, on a CFR China/CIF India, cash basis. In Southeast Asia, the producer revealed their June prices with a reduction of $40/ton from May at $870/ton CIF SEA, cash.
Players mostly attributed the producer’s lower June offers to slowing demand conditions across the regional markets. A trader commented, “Buyers were already waiting on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing a price reduction from the major producer.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low