Taiwanese major announces June PVC prices
The producer’s new prices represent reductions of $30/ton compared to the producer’s most recently reported offers for May, standing at $880/ton to China and at $940/ton to India, on a CFR China/CIF India, cash basis. In Southeast Asia, the producer revealed their June prices with a reduction of $40/ton from May at $870/ton CIF SEA, cash.
Players mostly attributed the producer’s lower June offers to slowing demand conditions across the regional markets. A trader commented, “Buyers were already waiting on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing a price reduction from the major producer.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia