Taiwanese major announces May PVC prices
The producer’s new prices represent increases of $20/ton compared to the producer’s most recently reported offers for April, standing at $910/ton to China and Southeast Asia, excluding Vietnam, on a CIF SEA/CFR China, cash basis. The producer revealed their new prices to Vietnam at $900/ton with the same terms. The producer’s May price to India stands at $970/ton CIF India, cash.
Players operating in regional markets comment that demand has started to slow down in India with the approach of the monsoon season while demand growth in China has been disappointing owing to the ongoing slowdown in China’s property sector.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers