Taiwanese major announces May PVC prices
The producer’s new prices represent increases of $20/ton compared to the producer’s most recently reported offers for April, standing at $910/ton to China and Southeast Asia, excluding Vietnam, on a CIF SEA/CFR China, cash basis. The producer revealed their new prices to Vietnam at $900/ton with the same terms. The producer’s May price to India stands at $970/ton CIF India, cash.
Players operating in regional markets comment that demand has started to slow down in India with the approach of the monsoon season while demand growth in China has been disappointing owing to the ongoing slowdown in China’s property sector.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June