Taiwanese major announces new PVC prices to Asia
"We are currently negotiating with our customers and our prices are showing some variation depending on the customer and the volume of purchase. Buyers are generally purchasing in smaller lots now. Although prices are down, we believe that we will be able to improve our market share this month as acetylene based PVC exports from China are no longer competitive and we also expect American producers to reduce their export allocations to the region as they will need to agree to steep reductions to remain competitive compared with Asian origins," a producer source commented.
The producer’s new prices stand at $790-810/ton to China, $780-800/ton to Southeast Asia and at $820-830/ton to India, all on a CIF/CFR, cash basis. Compared with the producer’s most recently reported offers for December shipment, the new prices represent decreases of $75-85/ton to India, $110-130/ton to China and $130/ton to SEA.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets