Taiwanese major issues Dec PVC prices to Asia
Players reported that the producer’s new offers currently stand at $1010/ton CIF India, cash and at $970/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash. However, a few players in Southeast Asia claimed that they were able to secure some material from the producer at $950-960/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
In India, PVC players had been at odds for the December announcements as the government’s decision to withdraw the high-value banknotes from circulation had blurred overall expectations.
A trader operating in the country stated, “We are not feeling sure whether the major producer’s new offer level will see acceptance from buyers since the government’s demonetization decision brought trading activities to a halt. Suppliers are looking for ways to divert their cargoes to China as they are struggling to conclude deals in India despite the ongoing supply tightness.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom