Taiwanese major issues Dec PVC prices to Asia
Players reported that the producer’s new offers currently stand at $1010/ton CIF India, cash and at $970/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash. However, a few players in Southeast Asia claimed that they were able to secure some material from the producer at $950-960/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
In India, PVC players had been at odds for the December announcements as the government’s decision to withdraw the high-value banknotes from circulation had blurred overall expectations.
A trader operating in the country stated, “We are not feeling sure whether the major producer’s new offer level will see acceptance from buyers since the government’s demonetization decision brought trading activities to a halt. Suppliers are looking for ways to divert their cargoes to China as they are struggling to conclude deals in India despite the ongoing supply tightness.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends